how to stop shoes from making noise

About a year back, I purchased a brand new pair of shoes. And about a month after I got caught in a torrential downpour and completely destroyed them. After walking with squeaky sneakers for the past year, I figure that today's as good a time as any to correct the squeaky bottom soles and file my trip.

Believe it or not, I'm not someone who buys new shoes frequently. So walking squeaky Nike sneakers for the last year has always been trying. Buying new shoes wasn't a choice for me because I was actually quite happy with how these ones fit. So I put out to find out what's causing the noise.


Actually, that was the toughest part, because the shoes were only making noise once I was walking at a brisk pace. Since I was going fairly fast, it was somewhat tough to determine which of the shoes was squeaking. I was not entirely sure whether it was the left one inducing the noise as I lifted my foot off the ground or the right one as I pushed down. At one stage, I had even thought I had glue residue stuck onto the bottom only.

As it happens, these problems are all easy to repair. However, before I tell you some of the simple tricks to quiet a squeaky shoe, then let's discuss all of the reasons why shoes might develop this nasty habit.

One thing I found immediately was that the surface I was walking on was a significant portion of the sound my shoes were making. For example, I might hear the squeaking more clearly when I walked on flat surfaces instead of on carpets. That is why rugs are so ideal for soundproofing floors -- and that means you do not even hear clicking heels on carpeted floors.

As I've mentioned, I started my evaluation of my squeaky shoes by walking and trying to set the sounds. But, I then read that I need to have been gradually shifting my weight between my feet to work out the true offender . The net will actually let you localize the source of the squeak as far as you can.

However, I honestly could not tell you whether it was the inside or the outside of the shoe which was causing the sound. This is when I had started questioning myselfwere the shoes faulty before I wore them in the rain? Or had the sound developed because of the flooding damage?

In fact, water damage is the most likely cause of the noise, but remember, the shoes have been squeaking a full year after the event. So what else could it be?

Well, as I understand it, you will find about 3 categories of reasons why shoes squeak:

These three are really huge categories that comprise many subsets of causes. So before we try to fix them, I will quickly explain what is happening with all them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how to stop high heels from squeaking

That embarrassing, high-pitched noise that radiates from your footwear with every step. Every. Single. Step. It happened to me this week...